Home Forums General Hello & advice appreciated!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Inter

Hello peeps,

Firstly from myself and Littlejim I just wanted to say thanks for letting us re-join the guild, it’s really appreciated and i still recognise friendly faces from the past!

So myself and Jim in the form of old characters only reached lvl16 and have enjoyed the most recent push in lvling and seeing more content(managed to get to 19 last night!).

Plainly and simply, what/where would you guys recommend heading towards next, firstly to grab level 20 so we can participate in more guild activities (when there is room) and secondly to gear up to a decent lvl of gear?

Thirdly – whats people opinions about TR’ing when you get to 20? Worth doing? I’m not sure if i like the idea of being humbled back to lvl 1! (we both have a standard 32pt build atm).

Many thanks in advance,
    Inter (AKA:- Thom).

Ludovik

Hi Inter and also welcome back from me… 🙂

Much of this is now down to player likings and temperament, since you can pretty much get it the way you want it…

I think you could have great fun speeding a character to 20 and join most of the guild in the “new” stuff… My impression is that +20 level play (now known as epic) is favoured in the guild right now – for the time being…

When it comes to equipment it depends on your builds… Epic items have been the hunters price for a long time, but even if Turbine have cut the grinds somewhat it is still an endeavour to find all parts for that or those items that binds your equipment together…

Instead I would advice you to check out:

The drops from the Cannith quests/explorer area:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_11_named_items – (First three quests on the list)

The challenge items in Cannith:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Vaults_of_the_Artificers_loot

The new commendation turn in items from Eveningstar:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_14_named_items – (See Eveningstar “Commendation Turn-Ins”)

Most builds should be able to find a working (or outright perfect) setup by matching these items…

Word of warning: To fully upgrade the colour spots on epic items from the challenges you need a LARGE quantity of epic tokens… 100+ is not unheard of…

Thirdly: TR’ing is fun AND rewarding… Wether its worth it is highly subjective, but you shouldnt be scared of the increased xp requirements… There is LOADS of xp around and with a somewhat twinked toon youll be able to elite or atleast hard-streak it all the way… And it goes much faster than youve ever experienced leveling before… Well, you have… 16-19 went quick, right..? 🙂

Good luck and see you in town… 🙂

Ludo / Ulf

Ryan

Hello and welcome…

my advice would be to go ahead and TR as you will be able to become a WF Arcane.

Its now official that groups comprised entirely of WF Arcanes (Preferably all Sorcerers although an AM is acceptable (PMs may be considered) are the new benchmark when come to groups being “full of win”

You will also be able to solo nearly all quests because as a WF Arcane (again pref Sorc) the mobs will surrender upon dungeon entry.

My name is Ryan and I am a WF arcane-aholic

Nath

lol @ Ryan 🙂

Flavia

The places to go pike ( and eat pies ) are Amrath ( it’s pain in the b**t, but at least you can get flagged for ToD (aka The Devil You Know ), Inspired Quarters ( the lower harbour of old that has been taken over by inspired, wear a true seeing thingie when you enter 😉 ), and Eveningstar ( yes there’s a few LVL 19 quests there )

Now at the moment the guild is split between all the LVL 20 going towards 25, and the low level druids.
    The best suggestion I can give you is to catch a levelling train, and try to hang on. ( That’s how I leveled Blacklock when we were dumped on Gallanda… I just grabbed a piece of Nalfey’s Dress ( well one of his alt ) and hanged on until I was LVL 20. )
    They are a bit scarce at the moment due to the novelty of the Epic levels, but once we are stuck again at cap, the TR Levelling Trains are going to appear again.

For the gears it’s Greensteel ( Shroud stuff ) is still good to go. ToD Rings and Belts are good…
    Some Cannith Challenges items are nice to have.
    When the Cove comes back ( that is the event called the Crystal Cove, in the Old Euphonia Challenges area ) farm the hell out of it to make Tier 3 Epic Cove Items.
    and you can also farm Mass Ban… erm Mabar event for the Epic Cloak of Night when it comes up.

( don’t worry too much for those two events, everybody will be there farming the hell out of them )

TR, or not TR… Only Gildana ( Gildalinde ) is a TR in my pack of characters… so I’m not the right person to talk about TR. ( 10 Character at 20+, 1 TR at LVL 5 atm, 6 other Characters between 5 and 17 )
    From my point of view TR is something you can ( and should ) do if and when you can level a character in less than a month. Otherwise it’s just too painful, as you have to reflag for everything.
    ( Ok, Gildana is a TR for another reason : originally she is a PnP Druid… I just couldn’t keep her as a Cleric now that we have Druids )

Inter

Thanks for the response, i will gladly get my head down and check out these new places – i would be keen to set up a mid-week play group for me and Jim if anyone else is interested?

Prefer to go at a steady pace (rather than going at a snails pace or full on Gforce forwards).

Build wise;

Littlejim is a little bloke and has a problem with anyone taller than him (little angry man syndrome) he loves to stab up and oftens takes out his target with a single jib of his blade, traps well – if he can get to the otherside alive he will be sure to find them and disable erm good.

Me, well i’m a healer through and through, rather than being squishy like you see these tin-can clerics being, i decided it best to learn some martial arts and actually avoid being hit by massive blasts of fire or streaking bolts of energy and trust me knowing these tricks has saved me countless amounts of times, some of the people i have met and done a mercenary mission with have even nicked named me “Hard to Kill” (I’m better looking than Steven S!).

Speak to you soon,
    Inter (Thom).

Cepheus

I’d just like to point out that LittleJim likes pies just the same as Cepheus did, he doesn’t have short man syndrome and is very helpful to all. The lies put about by Interdiction should be ignored, LittleJim wouldn’t hurt a soul, and is a law abiding citizen of Eberron.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us