Home Forums General Final Barbarian life thoughts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

Hello all.

Ive been thinking about future lives for Corazon.

What I’m struggling with is a build for my last Barbarian life and am looking for a bit of advice please. The first two were Heroic lives and were extremely easy, but this one will be an Epic journey.

Up until now every life has been, to some degree, LE/ Reaper capable, however I am concerned about a Barbs abilty to stay alive in Reaper quests.

I thought I might try and build one with some survivability.

I was thinking ESoS wielding THF (as I lack any decent one handers)

12 Barbarian (T5 Ravager for Blood Str)

7 Bard for Haste, Displace and CSW (I realise I can’t use this while Raged) (plus Warchanter enhancements)

1 Wiz for the meta Feat (Extend) and a couple of useful L1 spells

Deep Gnome will be the race as I’m after triple Iconic and I’ve only got BF and DG left to do – DG fits in with the Wiz level nicely – I don’t even want to think about messing about with the alignment changes of a BF.

Level order will be 1 Wiz, 2 – 8 Bard and the final 12 Barbarian.

Feats

1PA, 1Wiz bonus Extend, 3 Cleave, 6 Great Cleave, 9 Maximise (for CSW), 12 IC Slash, 15 Quicken (for CSW/ Cocoon) or THF, 18 Precision

I haven’t really thought about 21+ feats but they’re pretty straight forward anyway.

I feel it’s a pretty lacklustre, subpar build, but it has some survivability.

My other option is to go pure and be glass cannon at higher difficulties. I know the Mechanic I just did was a bit of a glass cannon in Reaper, but that was only through my own bad positioning and allowing myself to get hit.

As with all of my lives it’s really just a levelling build to get me to my next TR. It lacks any decent gear beyond some raid armours and things from the few raids I do, plus all of the legendary bits and bobs I have collected.

I want to be able to be able to do like Ive always done, which is to hop into Guild group of any difficulty and contribute.

What I don’t want is for it to be so bad that I’m going to a liability.

Any thoughts about the build? Am I missing anything obvious?

Any better suggestions?

Am I being overly cautious? Ive not seen a high level pure Barb in LE/ Reaper and am just assuming that staying alive will be an issue.

Ta

Dragavon

TBH, I dont understand why you are so concerned about reaper.

If you are just going to reincarnate as soon as you reach 30 you can do the epic levels in just a few hours.

XP potion, major slayer potion, then first make/join a group for epic orchard slayers, cap slayers there, then move on to Thunderholme, cap slayers there and be somewhere around lvl 28. Then a handful of quests and you are capped.

Should take you 5-6-7 hours of effective playtime.

Sinaefay

I would go 12 barbarian / 6 fighter / 2 wiz instead, to allow you to take tactical feats and get access to kensei for more dps (the 2 wiz levels is to allow you to get the EK Improved Shield).

I would say that pure barbarian is not hard to level with, as long as you make sure to have some CC (stunning blow) as well as lay waste from LD (you will need silver flame potions though).

I agree with Dag though, if you just want to blow through the epic levels, then his suggestion is without doubt the fastest.

Ryan

Cheers for the replies gents.

Going pure is a nice simple approach.

I didnt realise Thunderholme and Orchard gave so much XP

I might need to rethink the way I level as I usually just grind out dailies and use Thunderholme and Orchard to speed up the last couple of levels.

Palna

Went into Orchard today with a full group after reading the comments about it. As stated there’s alot of xp to be had, but not 3 mill (unless I’m missing something?). I spent about 1 hour in there, and my total was ~1.3 mill, with 30% pot, ViP, 5% heroic and 5% ship.

You’ll get to 24 with Orchard and Thunderholme, which should make everything else pretty easy though.

Looking at http://ddowiki.com/page/Wilderness_Adventure_Area there are some other interesting areas that I’ve not used for leveing, like High Road and 3BC.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us