Home Forums General Feat swapping.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

With Soultrax (my Pally) approaching L28 Im starting to think about gearing him properly as hes pretty much running around in any old junk that Ive found.

The one thing that I want to be able to use in the future when U get one is a Purple Dragon Shield as having Cha and Con 10 on one item will give me more flexibility on my other items. However, to use a PDS I need Tower shield proficiency.

I plan to swap out Heroic Toughness feat for Tower Shield prof.

This means I will lose Epic Toughness and will take either Epic DR or Epic Bulwark instead.

To offset some of the HP loss I can take Toughness as my L28 Destiny Feat instead of Elusive Target

I took Holy Strike as my L26 Destiny which seems a bit weak so I could swap that if necessary.

Im not too fussed about HPs as Ive only died a couple of times this life and an extra 50/ 80 HPs would not have saved me.

So, is my plan sound? Im a master at overlooking the obvious and dont want to start swapping feats only to find out I cant.

Cheers in advance

Ryan

Sinaefay

Perhaps take epic fortitude instead of epic toughness?

Which feats do you have now?

Ryan

Hello Jan

Heres a quick list of my current feats as Im about to finish work and head home.

In no particular order

Shield Mastery
    Imp Shield Mastery
    Adamantine Body
    Bastard Sword prof
    Imp Shield Bash
    Quicken
    Toughness

Epic Toughness
    Epic Bulwark (I think)
    Holy Strike
    Blinding Speed

L28 To be decided

Dragavon

These days you should plan your character around epic orchard gear, as that is best in game atm.

Both epic ethereal bracers from GoP and epic boots of the innocent from ToV have speed on them and that makes blinding speed redundant as a feat.

Sinaefay

I agree with Dag, getting speed on an item nowadays are really easy, meaning you dont need blinding speed. I would say that Toughness, Bulwark of Defense, Epic Toughness and Blinding speed isnt really worth it.

Feats you should look at are (IMO): Imp crit slashing, two-handed fighting (gives glancing blows to bastard swords and dwarven axes when having a shield in off hand), power attack, precision, cleave and great cleave are all valid options depending on which way you want to go.

I would also recommend that you try and get your hands on the epic belt of thoughtful remembrance (drops in fleshmaker), as it is best in slot for belts when you dont raid much.

Ryan

Thank you for the replies.

I shall look for the items mentioned, although Im sure I have the bracers already.

I’ll rethink my feats as well now I have some ideas.

Its just a case of planning it all out when I have time.

Legend

If you want to hold aggro would go with Jans line, get rid of imp shield bash too, would not bother with cleave line if on Pally you get the enhancements that do pretty much the same.
    Obviously Imp crit required depending on weapon used.
    Epic DR and Bulwark def not worth it.
    U might be a bit feat starved for the 2hf line, better for fighter tanks imo.

Belt from Orchard is nice until get battleragers harness for a tanky/melee type.
    The bracers Drag mentioned work really well on a melee.

Ryan

I checked my mules and found an Epic Chord and Eth bracers which is a lucky start. I looted them on my first runs in the Orchard iirc (if not the first then def the second as Ive only quested in there twice)

I dont want to hold aggro with Soul – I dont raid much so its not needed. I built him as a surviveable fighter that can run around in EEs without constantly turning into a Soulstone.

He’ll never be uber as I’ll never get the raid gear, but he is definately fun

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us