Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Defensive Warlock build

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Legend

Someone asked to post my Warlock build so will put important aspects below, others might also get some ideas that might have missed for their individual Warlock builds or could even add some advice as might have missed something.

Build is a defensive, high dps blast aura Warlock that uses the Eldritch Aura for both defence and damage, should work with any of the Warlock Pacts, is not the max dps Warlock but is not far off, it has no dc casting at all.

Basics:
    – Max Con and put +1 in at every level – At lvl 30 should get circa 70 con with tensers, this means with brilliance your aura gives all those around it incl. self 140 temp hp every 2 seconds, also shining through for self buff of 8xcon temp hp.
    – Int and Char at 16, Int is important due to spellcraft damage for Light SP.
    – Feats: Toughness, Empower, Maximize, Quicken, Extend, Shield prof, Shield Mastery and Imp Shield Mastery.
    – Epic Feats: Epic Eldritch Blast, Intensify Spell, Wellspring of Power, Epic Damage Reduction
    – Epic Destiny Feats: Epic Spell Power : Light, Epic Arcane Eldritch Blast and I went for Arcane Pulse as personal pref.
    – Scion – Celestia
    Skills: Max Spellcraft, UMD, Perform if Fey, Heal and Intim if want as can be handy
    – Destiny: I go Sharadi as Exalted and Draconic need a bit more dc to be effective, is a solid caster dps Destiny.

Twists: Empyrean Magic: A must for any Warlock
    Legendary Shield Mastery: With the feats u can reach a very respectable prr.
    Radiant Power: +30 Light power
    Cacoon

Enhancements: Full core ones in enlightened spirit, have spent 47 in ES, 9 in SE, 23 in TS and 1 in Human.

Main basic realistic gear would be:

At least a 2 Opposition set from Shroud items for +18% hp
    2 slave Lords, with +17 con, Radiance 185, Dipl +22 and +4 Con, other False Life, Radiance Lore +27, Spellsight +22 and Qual Sheltering +11
    Medium Celestial Armor
    Lantern Ring, +6d6 Light damage still v good.
    Cannith Crafting items/other named/LGS 1 hander should cover : Insightful Radiance, Insightful Phys Sheltering, Resistance, Char, Int, Insightful Con +7+,
    Other Spell Powers and Lores depending on feats and Pact chosen and if can fit in extras such as heal amp, insightful Spellcraft and prob a few more all the better.
    Shield: best option seems to be Epic Shield of Tireless Aid

3 past lives on Morningstar is also very handy for the +30 SP

Keep tensors Transformation and Displace up at all times
    Healing Spring good source of Spell power

At lvl 30 I am sitting on:
    200 PRR (combined with brilliance aura)
    136 MRR
    76 con buffed
    3.5k hp with shining through
    754 base Light spell power, boosted to just under 1k with all boosts effective: Empyrean, Wellspring, Tainted Spellcasting, Spell Power Boost and greater Brilliance pot.
    Light Crit Chance : base 32 (this is why not max dps as other enhancement lines can boost this more) – does not incl Empyrean so +10 more pretty much all time
    Light Crit: 89 (again other lines can add more, mine sits at this due to 4 LGS set, without this will be 60.)

I am going for the 5 piece LGS Enders set but the build was very solid a few lives ago without all the major gear, cannith and slavers will sort you for the most part and 2 LGS items is not too hard to aim for.
    LGS 1 hander u can go for vacuum (but lots will have anyway in party), Radiance (my next one) presume Ice and ooze would work too.

Any questions or comments welcome.

Ryan

Ive been following this for my current (and final) Warlock life.

Whilst I lack the raid gear that you have, plus I cant be bothered to craft for a class that isnt my final class, I am finding it to be extremely solid and makes levelling extremely fast – so much so that Ive decided to grind out some Epic Past lives

In my previous Lock lives I dipped into Cha a bit to give DC casting a bit of ooompf, but I shouldve realised that at higher levels it was just wasted stat points as the DCs as Pen scale up considerably.

Nice build cheers

Ispepxam

Hey legend, I know this is an old thread but Corazon advised me to take a look after I was running with him today and he recommended the build.

I’m was thinking of TR’ing one of my toons into a Warlock and this build looks solid and Cora was highly imressive running a version of it. I think I piked the handful of quests I ran with him… lol.

Any advice on levelling gear? I see the end game gear, but would be good to have some recommendations for mid/late heroic levels and early Epics.

Cheers,
    Jimmy

Korvel

I have been playing a con based aura build for about a year now. /it is a vey solid build even for reapers. I agree with everything you said in your post. It has no problems neither in heroics neither in epics. Dont be afraid of the traps the HP are more than adequate and moreover cocoon heals you very good. Moreover you can play it with any race even for racial trs without any problems.

For this last part i am very considerable if racial trs are beneficial. I mean they are but for at least 2 of every class..Aura warlocks are very good at levelling especially after level 6 and you can collect massive reaper xp on the way.

Sthax

I wouldn’t worry too much on gear for Lvling. Make sure you top off your spell power once in a while. Radiance (light) and the one you choose as your pact. To optimize your blasts. Maybe keep your con and cha up and zerg right on trough to 30.
    Might pick up a shield later on. To get the imp shield mastery going. But you can also run around without.
    If you go for a shield try and pick up a shield of tireless aid (lvl 13) it will keep you save for a long time. Beware of the 15 asf.

Tanky warlock is a blast!

Legend

Exactly what Sthax said, I just used a lot of random gear like a Radiance ring of radiance lore and same for whatever element you choose, then con/g f life item, armor can go with epic Templars, cavalry plate to necro ones to whatever end game u want, the shield Sthax mentioned lasts u till u get the epic one and ofc norm greensteel is useful.
    Don’t spend too much time configuring lower lvl items, shouldn’t be at those lvls long enough for it to matter imo.

Ryan

Hello Jimmy.

I def recommend taking the shield mastery line – I use Skyvault Tower shields.

Very survivable.

My feat order was (if I remember correctly)

Heroic.
    Empower
    Completionist (take Toughness)
    Maximise
    Shield Proficiency
    Shield Mastery
    Quicken
    Improved Shield Mastery

This was for Iconic life.

If going Heroic life take quicken earlier for your blasts.

Epic levels.
    E Blast
    Intensify
    A blast (D)
    Wellspring of power
    SP light (D)
    Arcane pulse (D)
    EDR
    Celestia

The destiny feats might be dependant on the number of spheres you have unlocked so you may have to choose something else.

Ignore DC casting or anything that needs to bypass SR in high level quests as it wont land. Just blast everthing

Ispepxam

Thanks for all the advice, and apologies for hijacking Legend’s thread…

I’ll TR my toon over the next day or two and let you know how it goes. From what I’m told, Warlocks are a lot of fun and they are very solid for running through quests.

Cheers,
    Jimmy

Argante

If you have the fate points, consider Blood & Radiance (Tier 4 Exalted Angel). In normal gameplay, Endless Ardor and Righteous Fervor always stack to 10 in seconds and stay there as long as there are mobs to hit. This gives you 30 light and 30 positive SP which is, for all intents and purposes, permanent.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us