Home Forums General DDO needs woads

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

And with the title in mind Im planning to give Nannabot some teeth and max out Primal.

From a healing point of view this could be a bit disastrous as im not sure if I will be able to do both at the same time but I’ll give it a try.

Does anyone have any tips they can share to help turn Nannabot from a mouse into a merciless killing machine please?

Thank you

Plaguemaster

Woad form is a sure way to deal alot of dmg 🙂
    Aside from that the primal tree is a fun one, with some others dmg perks. Lets take a closer look ;

Chill of Winter: Active (5 sec cooldown)

Enemies that damage your nearby allies have a 20% chance to become chilled, receiving 1d20 cold and 1d20 rust damage every two seconds and slowing their attack and movement speed by [5/15/25]% for 20 seconds.
    This damage can stack up to 10 times.

Paired Parry / Symetric Strikes: Passive (Multiple Enhancement Selector) Gain +5 AC or +5% Primal bonus to physical damage, while in animal form, unarmed, or two-weapon fighting (I think these boni might be higher??)

Stormrage: Active (50SP to activate) (12 sec cooldown) (SR: No) (Quicken) Enemies damaged by your attacks or spells are also struck by lightning, dealing 10d20 electric damage, halved on a reflex save vs. DC 50. Lightning strikes up to one enemy each second. You also gain featherfall and Deflect Arrows. Lasts 18 seconds. (This one’s a bit bugged atm, but I like it in theory!)

Tsunami: Active (50SP to activate) (7 sec cooldown) (SR: no) (Empower, Maximize, Quicken, Heighten, Enlarge) Sends forth a wave of water, knocking enemies down and dealing 30 cold damage plus 1d10 per character level and 30 bludgeoning damage plus 1d10 per character level. The cold damage and knockdown are negated on a successful Fortitude save vs. 10 + Wisdom modifier + Character level. Some monsters can resist Tsunami completely, such as Water Elementals and Oozes. ( Now this one’s might be very effective on you, considering your a cleric and I assume you got some wisdom….)

We will be getting those +20 lr tokens soon, have you thought about making some changes to Nannabot except from changing ED?

It all depends on how far you want to take the dps role, it can work very good but it might also mean you’ll have to give up some of your healing efficiancy as you said.

I’d consider throwing in some fighter levels, 2 if you don’t want to gimp your healing to much.
    6,8, or more fighter levels, maybe throw in a couple of monk for reflex save.
    That would give you kensai, which is very nice.
    The sacrifice is huge though, You wouldn’t be a healer anymore if you string in Kensai really.

Wish

Pure cleric woading is fine, no other jiggery pokery reqired imo it all works around the aura charging up your spirits.

In terms of healing it is easy enought o pop out of woad to heal if things get a little dicy and then jump back in for dps once the danger has passed.

The man thing to note about woading is that if you are not twitching your dps is not worth talking about, simply mashing wasd can work or twitching around the circumference of the ring around the feet of larger mobs can be preferable eitherways a non moving tree cant do much damage unless someone walks into it 🙂

Ryan

Thank you for the replies. The information is appreciated.

I dont really want to m/c Nannabot – I originally built him as a caster bot which worked well in EH but not in EE for obvious reasons.
    As I tend to mostly run raids and EE quests on Nannabot these days I used my free LR to turn him into a pure EE/ raid healbot.

It is a role that I like to think I have become proficient at and I would be hesitant to move away from that role – in short I like being an EE healer (as odd as that may seem)

However, hes a bit impotent in EH with no heighten or pen feats so im hoping that Woading will fill the gap.

EE Woading will need a bit more equipment prep (ty Jan for that advice) as Nannabot isnt geared that well at all.

The Woading Ive tried so far seems like fun.

Thanks again for your input

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us