Home Forums Tricks and Tactics Curse of Stradh raid

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dragavon

Torc dropped this nice little tip on the forums yesterday:

We have looked into your reports that Strahd is resetting his health too frequently during a section of the raid, and are working on a fix currently targeted for next week.

In the meantime, groups can still beat the raid if they manage Strahd’s health carefully. The problematic attack won’t fire if he’s above 95% or below 20%, and has a 40-60 second warmup timer. That gives you a window to burst down 75% of his health and avoid the attack triggering entirely.

-Torc

Dragavon

My ideas about tactics in this raid:

The group should have 2 healers, and a bard is very nice for buffs.

Everyone must have some way to remove curse on themselves.

It is important to pay attention to the cards Madam Eva gives you and note them.

The items:

The sunsword is crucial, someone needs to hit Stradh with it to debuff him so he takes damage. The thoughest DPS char in group should have it, and only job is to hit Stradh. If noone hits Stradh with the sunsword he will not take damage from anything.

The other two items are clickies to remove Stradh’s grip, a hold spell that will kill after a some seconds. Stradhs grip will propably kill faster on higher difficulties. Limited number of charges, perhaps saved for Sunburst DPS char? Give these to whoever is healing.

Phase one Rahadin:

This is pretty straightforward, just kill things. The hate shadows curse debuff lowers your maximum hitpoints, so can trick you if you look at the bar, not at the numbers. Use remove curse potions as soon as you see you are cursed.
    When done go east to Sergei’s tomb to listen to Stradh rant. Rest at the shrine, this is the only shrine in the raid and will not be accessible later.

Phase two kill the heart of castle Ravenloft.

Again pretty straightforward, climb up the spiral stairs to the heart, while killing mobs and disabling traps. The spears do force damage with no save, and they will kill most characters in seconds. But there is a safe path around all spears, with care they are not hard to avoid. The party will be attacked from behind, as well as have to fight monsters in front.

A rogue must be in front to disable traps, and preferably good ranged DPS, the group will have skeleton archers shooting on them.

When you reach the heart the character with the sunsword use it on the heart. Everyone enters the heart, this is a relative small area, with a white mist around it. The mist will kill anyone within it, so little room to move. The objective is to survive Stradh’s onslaught, so just kill mobs until Stradh leaves.

When he leaves continue upwards and talk to Ezmeralda to complete this phase.

Phase three Find the cards.

We must find the cards as fast as we can. Group must be as thight as possible, loners will be overwhelmed and killed. Other guilds use Bigby’s hand to mark where they are to easily find them again. The torches with each card must be used in the right order, so someone must note the order of the cards at start.

Phase four kill Stradh.

Stradh will cast red fog if he is between 95 and 20 % health, so everyone must rush Stradh and get him below 20% health. When that is done, we must kill the brides and Stradh within a few seconds, and the one with the sunsword must be ready by Stradh’s coffin to finish him off with the sunsword.

Loot shinies!

Dragavon
    Myror

Some observations of my own:

1) I think there might actually be a save for the spears on the stairs. I remember seeing a will save rolled. However you still take half damage on a save, evasion doesn’t help.

2) For the final strahd fight. On Tuesday he misted when we first attacked him. I think this was because we didn’t all start beating on him at the same time. We might be able to avoid him misting at all if the person with the sunsword waits until all the melees have strahd surrounded and him not moving. Everyone except the sword starts wailing away and only then does the one with the sunsword strike. That way we will all be at max DPS when he first drops below 95%.

3) Once he his down to 5% we ought to pause and make sure the brides are close by. I remember on Tues on one of the failed attempts, we had Strahd down but at least one of the brides was being kited away from the melees making it take longer to bring her down. They might have low HP on normal, but that probably is not going to be true on harder difficulties. We need to practice doing the bride take down quickly and the fastest take down requires us to have the brides close to the melees and not running around when Strahd goes down.

Ryan

It seemed that locating the brides was a bit of an issue last night.

Perhaps have someone intim them and hold them in a designated spot.

At higher difficulties, if they have a lot more HPs than they currently have, maybe an auralock can burst them down a bit whilst fulfilling this role.

Obviously this depends on a lot of factors that we dont yet know.

shymira

Hey,i made am mape for the door Part. so everyone knows where he is,where he should go etc.
    Its a good way for EE, as in: Open East doors ( 1 person=2doors).
    Gather ALL in NE corner.type out the number from the cards you found.
    DD, when you got the big Shadows on the group( they stay in the corner).
    split on the west side, by saying: Name 1 goes to to 2.5. Name 2 goes to 2.3. and so on.
    Just be sure on the west side, that you send player who can stay alive and take some hits.
    then dd again.
    Wirte down all cards with the numbers to it.
    Pick player (5) who go to the cards. The rest steps just in and kills trash.
    With that tactic you easy can do EE 🙂
    I dont write the whole tactic down for EE now.
    Maybe when its needed,i can do that to 🙂

I have no idea, how to put a picture in here, so-
    Here the link to the picture, i prepped for the doors+ the numbers.
    http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=688498-1519072525.png

Sinaefay

Curse_of_Stradh_crypt_map

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us