Home Forums General Build critique

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ryan

Hello all.

Im going to be TRing Corazon again soon and Im thinking about a Bard – specifically Spellsinger making use of the sonic SLAs and CC.
    Ill also use the Swash tree for added defence. Might dip into Warchanter for medium armour prof if it doesnt kill my dodge.

This is my first thoughts on it.

Str 10
    Dex 15
    Con 16
    Int 8
    Wis 8
    Cha 18 + levels

H Max
    1 Empower
    3 Quicken
    6 Extend
    9 Completionist
    12 Force of Personality
    15 PL Wiz
    18 Dodge?

My only concerns are lack of DoTs for bosses.

Any thoughts welcome

Ta

Ryan

Edit added – you have probably noticed a lack of spell focus and pen feats.
    This is because I have 3xSorc and 3x Wiz Past lives.
    I could take SF enchant at 18 if my DC looks a bit ropey.

Sinaefay

Spellsingers get one dot SLA, but Im not sure if it will help that much anyway. I havent tested it myself, but my impression of the spellsinger tree is that it is lacking in DPS. I will not say that it is impossible to make work, just that you might struggle more than you expected.

I would skip extend and take something else, though, as you will not get that much out of it, as your buffs will be fine anyway.

Ryan

Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps I’ll give Spellsinger a miss – although I have a Vet build Bard mule I could test the SLAs on.

The other option is I dont go spellsinger is THF Warchanter.

Im thinking Half Orc weilding SoS – does Improved Critical work with SoS?

Feat wise

PA
    Cleave
    Great Cleave
    Compltionist or Extend for Haste/ Displace
    IC Slash
    Quicken
    Emp Heal or Max

Str 18 + level ups
    Dex 14
    Con 14
    Int 10
    Wis 8
    Cha 14

Im a bit unsure of the stats –
    Could ditch Cha taking only enough to cast as a Horc Chanter isnt likely to land CC.
    Some Dex for reflex and dodge
    Not sure about the others.

Run it as a self healing Fighter relying on dodge, displace and blur due to lack of PRR.

I could consider Swashbuckler SWF, High Cha with Cha to damage which would give me decent spell DCs but Im not a fan of melees that dont have cleave or great cleave.
    High single target damage seems to be more important in Epics whereas in Heroics its all about hitting as many as you can – from my own experience of heriocs.
    Im not sure if I can fit the SWF line in along with PA and the two Cleave feats (if cleave even works with SWF)

Hence my mostly ignoring Swashing

Molfein

If you go Warchanter then the Frozen Fury and Northwind are very good for melee and fun – surprisingly most of the monster manual is freezable!
    They do use CHA as a DC stat so not ideal for Horc.

Thanks,
    Chris

Ryan

Cheers for the reply.

Choosing Horc is just for flavour.

I suppose I could put level ups into Cha – I’ll lose out on a bit of damage but have better CC which would probably be a good thing.

Ryan

I decided to do my 3rd Pally life in the end as I couldnt decide on which Bard build to use.

Sinaefay

A half-orc warchanter bard works just very well, as that is what Hruukra was and when Im done with his reincarnations, he will become a half orc bard again 🙂

You can easily put level ups in Strength, as the freezing abilities counts as tactical abilities and are boosted by combat mastery or stunning (which ever is higher for you) on items, enhancements etc. Know the angles from Harper is very useful as well for this purpose.

Lightnning

Chanter is a lvl 30 spellsinger and fun to solo with
    32 point build and not got round to TR’ing him yet.
    Spellsinger tree with splashes of warchanter and swashbuckinling
    He can Fascinate anything except for the boss.
    DP’s is fine as everything is ‘fascinated’ however the main issue is that if grouped by the time u have but the mobs to sleep with your glorious singing the rest of the group has killed them and moved on leaving you to realise that no-one appreciates a good song any more!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Spellswords | Dungeons & Dragons Online | Ghallanda Server | Read about us